The following is taken directly from an email distributed by the DTSC. It is being provided as a service to IEC/OC members and website visitors. Direct your questions to the DTSC using the links within the email.
The Department of Toxic Substances Control has transitioned to an electronic system for the filing of your hazardous waste ID Number Verification Questionnaire and Manifest Fee Assessment. The electronic Verification Questionnaire (eVQ) offers you a quick and convenient way to file. The eVQ automatically calculates the fees based on the information you provide, which ensures a more accurate return. In addition, once you complete your verification, you will receive an email confirmation.
It’s easy to file your online verification.
- Go to https://evq.dtsc.ca.gov/eVQ/Home.aspx.
- Select “Request New eVQ Account”.
- When the new screen appears, enter your EPA ID number. Please make sure that you enter the complete EPA ID Number with the CAL, CAR, CAD or CAC prefix, and no space between the prefix and numbers. The information we have on file for the ID Number will pre-populate the fields. Please verify that the correct ID number and site location has been entered. If you have more than one ID number, you may enter them into your eVQ account one at a time. You may have multiple ID numbers in your account if the IDs share the same federal tax ID number.
- Choose a user name and password, then review the information in the fields and update if necessary. Make sure that all fields that have an asterisk (*) are filled.
- After you have successfully registered for an account, you will receive a confirmation email. Please add eVQ@dtsc.ca.gov to your email list of “safe” or “trusted” senders to ensure that you receive the email notices. Please note that registering for an account does not complete the verification process. You must log into the eVQ system to access the verification process.
- Log into your account, and follow the instructions in each step. Before you begin, download the instructions so that you may refer to them during the verification process. Each step has additional information to assist you as you go through the process. After you have completed the verification process, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not owe fees, you do not need to mail the invoice; just keep a copy for your records. If you owe fees, you must mail your invoice with your payment to DTSC.
Please note that access to the 2016 eVQ is restricted and will not be available year-round, so you should print a copy of the invoice to keep for your records. If you have more than one ID Number and want a detailed report, there is an optional report in Step 7 that you may print.
If you have questions, please select the link to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the eVQ home page. If you need further assistance with the Verification process, please send an email to evQ@dtsc.ca.gov. You may also contact us at 1-877-454-4012. For technical issues with the website, please contact tech-eVQ@dtsc.ca.gov.
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Hazardous Waste Management Program